Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is another quick cool side dish to enjoy on the hottest of summer days. This is very easily thrown together with ingredients in the cupboard. I really like to use the canned or jarred Goya red peppers, they have a good taste and save a lot of time.
- 28 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, I used Goya Fancy Pimentos
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, I used Grey Poupon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, jarred is fine
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend (longer is better).
I made this recipe for a potluck with my neighbors and it was a hit. It is true that this dish gets even better the longer it marinates. Thanks for the post. Made this for the Chickpean Tag - May 2011.
Yummy! This was extremely easy to make and very delish. The name "Mediterranean Chickpea Salad" describes it perfectly. Taking one bite and it is so yummy Mediterranean. And the more it marinates, the better it gets!
Fabulous!! I used about 1/2 cup parsley and 3 tsp dijon mustard, but left everything else the same. I thought this was perfect and the flavors were so fresh and clean. Thanks for a new salad recipe!! I will definately keep this one handy.