This is another quick cool side dish to enjoy on the hottest of summer days. This is very easily thrown together with ingredients in the cupboard. I really like to use the canned or jarred Goya red peppers, they have a good taste and save a lot of time.
- 28 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped, I used Goya Fancy Pimentos
- 1⁄2 small red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, bottled is fine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, I used Grey Poupon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, jarred is fine
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to let the flavors blend (longer is better).