Recipe by Marie
This easy salad takes just minutes to make, but should be chilled for at least 45 minutes for flavors to marry. Great served with grilled meats or chicken.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, dried basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season to taste with salt.
- Drizzle over salad and toss until well combined, and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving.
- Serve chilled.