Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy salad takes just minutes to make, but should be chilled for at least 45 minutes for flavors to marry. Great served with grilled meats or chicken.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, dried basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season to taste with salt.
- Drizzle over salad and toss until well combined, and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving.
- Serve chilled.
A wonderful summer salad, added a few hard boiled eggs for extra protein, some crunchy french bread and we were set. Thanks for sharing
This deserves another 5 stars!!! It is devine!! If you love balsamic, you will love this salad!! Thank you so very much for this recipe!!
This contains all my favourite salad ingredients, so it has to be a 5 (or more if I could) star recipe. It is made a bit different with parmesan rather than feta and I liked that change. When I set out to make it though I discovered I was out of balsamic vinegar-I used red wine vinegar, but reduced the amount to tablespoons as it is not as mellow as balsamic. That worked perfectly well and I would do it again as it is much cheaper anyway.