Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This easy salad takes just minutes to make, but should be chilled for at least 45 minutes for flavors to marry. Great served with grilled meats or chicken.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley, dried basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix together olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and season to taste with salt.
- Drizzle over salad and toss until well combined, and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 45 minutes before serving.
- Serve chilled.
A wonderful summer salad, added a few hard boiled eggs for extra protein, some crunchy french bread and we were set. Thanks for sharing
This deserves another 5 stars!!! It is devine!! If you love balsamic, you will love this salad!! Thank you so very much for this recipe!!
This contains all my favourite salad ingredients, so it has to be a 5 (or more if I could) star recipe. It is made a bit different with parmesan rather than feta and I liked that change. When I set out to make it though I discovered I was out of balsamic vinegar-I used red wine vinegar, but reduced the amount to tablespoons as it is not as mellow as balsamic. That worked perfectly well and I would do it again as it is much cheaper anyway.