Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very tasty wrap with hummus and other good stuff. Easy to make especially if you have leftover chicken. It is good without the chicken and just plain. You may substitute romaine lettuce for the spinach.
- 2 large flat bread or 2 flour tortillas
- 3 chicken tenders (cooked and cut lengthwise or leftover chicken)
- 1 (8 ounce) container hummus
- 10 kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1 medium cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup Baby Spinach (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 6 slices green peppers, thinly sliced (optional)
- Spread the flat bread with the hummus almost to the edge.
- Arrange the rest of the ingredients over the hummus.
- Roll up and cut in half.
Made for the *Best of 2008* Cookbook Game ~ The beauty of recipes like this is they are ingredient-friendly + you can usually make them to your taste pref & still review them in good faith. DH has his main-meal at work on Tues & Thu, so I try to make lighter fare (but tasty & satisfying) on those dys. Using tortillas & lacking chicken, I opted for the veggie version since you allowed for that. I made hummus using Recipe #284584 by cellogirl2 & used leaf lettuce (what I had on-hand) + all other ingredients except the opt green pepper. I intended to use it, but there was no room after I piled on everything else to excess. This wrap is a tasty quick-fix & both low-cal + low-fat as a bonus. Very good recipe, thx for sharing it w/us & I will be sure to have chicken on-hand for an encore. :-)
Quick and delicious! I omitted the olives (personal preference), used the green pepper and flat bread, and added some chopped onions because we love onion. I also used romaine lettuce instead of spinach, as that is what I had on hand. Thanks for sharing! Originally reviewed 5-11-2008, this made my Top Favorites of '08 Cookbook!