Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This also may be made using skin on chicken pieces also such as legs and/or thighs, for the best flavor try to use a mixture of red and yellow teardrop tomatoes, this is not for anyone with a plain palette.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped (can use about 2 tablespoons shallots instead of onions)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 pitted kalamata olive (or to taste)
- 3 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups small grape tomatoes (also known as teardrop)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then brown on both sides (about 3-4 minutes on each side) remove to a large platter, cover with foil to keep warm (I put my plate in a 200 degree oven to stay warm).
- To the same skillet, add in the mushrooms and saute until all of the liquid is absorbed (about 6-7 minutes).
- Add in onions, garlic and dried chili flakes (if using) to the mushrooms and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth; simmer for about 6 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add in the Kalamata olives, plum tomatoes and capers, season with salt and pepper; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add in butter and stir until melted.
- Mix in the small teardrop tomatoes; simmer for about 5 minutes (you can simmer a bit longer).
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.