Recipe by AZRT
Very flavorful and satisfying meal with a fresh mix of flavors. Serve with Crusty bread and salad.
Top Review by RedVinoGirl
This was simply WONDERFUL! This turned out as more of a one-pot stew than what I really thought this would end up being like...but no matter since it was FAB! Several people on cooking light's website said they subbed parm in place of the feta but I can't imagine why since this is a VERY mediterranean flavored dish and the feta was wonderful in it! My 2 and 4 year old were eating this or I would have doubled the pepperoncini's (which I love) but I must admit it was perfectly spiced just the way it was. Next time I will quarter the potatoes and cut the quantity in half of the potatoes but keep the rest of the ingredient amounts as listed. The potatoes were far too plentiful in comparison to the rest of the dish. Incredible flavor blending here. I highly recommend this. Photo's to follow shortly....
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 12 small red potatoes, halved (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pepperoncini pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine 2 teaspoons garlic, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and potatoes on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add half of chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken; remove from pan.
- Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Bring wine to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 2 minutes). Add potatoes, chicken, broth, pepperoncini, and olives; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 teaspoons garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, tomato, basil, and artichokes; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.