Recipe by TheDancingCook
A low fat, healthy good for you stove top dinner that is quick and easy to prepare. For those on Weight Watcher points program, this is 6 points per serving. I believe this recipe is from our local newspaper.
Top Review by HEP MEP
5 stars from this family! VERY good. I wasn't worried about the low-fat deal - have a growing daughter, so I used a little olive oil for the chicken and used regular Swanson's broth. The fresh plum tomatoes at my store looked nasty, so I used a can of petite diced tomatoes.Loved the flavor,and topped it with Parmesan. Definitely a keeper, and I think it would make a great summer dish - won't heat up the kitchen too much. Thanks!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄3 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, julienned or chopped (about 2 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plum tomatoes, choppped (about 3 tomatoes)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 10 inch skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, stir-fry until browned, about 5 minutes; stir in orzo, garlic and broth.
- Heat until boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer about 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring once until pepper is crisp-tender and orzo is tender.