1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I found this recipe in my local newspaper. It is a big hit when I am having company. I usually broil it for a few minutes to brown after cooking. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne and rub mixtures over the chicken thighs.
- 2In large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Saute chicken until golden brown. Remove from pan. Drain, leaving 2 tablespoons fat.
- 3Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic and saute about 10 minutes.
- 4Turn heat to high and add sherry to the onion and garlic mixture. Cook until the liquid is reduced, about 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, olives,basil and salt and pepper to taste. Return chicken to pan.
- 5Cook,covered, about 35 to 40 minutes,until chicken begins to fall away from the bone. Serve over couscous.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (583 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 971.6
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 550.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 52.8 g