Recipe by LI-Ray
I found this recipe in my local newspaper. It is a big hit when I am having company. I usually broil it for a few minutes to brown after cooking. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do.
Top Review by Michele
Fantastic! This was so tasty and delicious, Even my picky eaters enjoyed this. Didn't change anything in the recipe. Thank-you so much for posting this. The onions were so soft, it was a culinary explosion on my taste buds.
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 dozen chicken thigh
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne and rub mixtures over the chicken thighs.
- In large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Saute chicken until golden brown. Remove from pan. Drain, leaving 2 tablespoons fat.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and garlic and saute about 10 minutes.
- Turn heat to high and add sherry to the onion and garlic mixture. Cook until the liquid is reduced, about 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, bay leaves, olives,basil and salt and pepper to taste. Return chicken to pan.
- Cook,covered, about 35 to 40 minutes,until chicken begins to fall away from the bone. Serve over couscous.