Recipe by Darkhunter
When --Leslie-- asked me for a "lighter" recipe for her new thread "Eating Light After the Holidays", I was astounded to find that I didn't have any, other than a few salads:( So decided one more wouldn't hurt, but with "lighter" in mind!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, cored and cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, slices
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and no longer pink inside. Cool slightly in skillet.
- In same skillet, add tomato, cucumber and onion. Stir gently. Add vinegar and olive oil. Combine until contents are coated.
- Add oregano, mint and salt. Stir gently.
- Serve on top on lettuce leaves.