Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a great summer meal salad, especially if it's paired with a bright tomato-pasta salad. Also great on a buffet. The chicken contrasts well with the veggies, greens, olives and oil dressing. Originally from the Parade magazine from the Sunday June 25, 2006 Denver Post.It goes together quickly, thanks to the already-prepared rotissiery chicken from the market.
- 1⁄2 lb tender green beans, stem ends snapped
- 6 cups torn skinless cooked chicken (from 2 roast chickens)
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup imported Greek olive
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- assorted salad greens, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the green beans in boiling, salted water until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again.
- Pat dry and place in a large bowl with the chicken,celery,olives and parsley.
- Before serving, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss well with the lemon zest and the juice and olive oil.
- Arrange greens on individual plates and top with the chicken salad.
- Serve at room temperature.