Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is a great summer meal salad, especially if it's paired with a bright tomato-pasta salad. Also great on a buffet. The chicken contrasts well with the veggies, greens, olives and oil dressing. Originally from the Parade magazine from the Sunday June 25, 2006 Denver Post.It goes together quickly, thanks to the already-prepared rotissiery chicken from the market.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb tender green beans, stem ends snapped
- 6 cups torn skinless cooked chicken (from 2 roast chickens)
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup imported Greek olive
- 1/3 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- assorted salad greens, for serving
- 1Blanch the green beans in boiling, salted water until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 2Drain, refresh under cold water, then drain again.
- 3Pat dry and place in a large bowl with the chicken,celery,olives and parsley.
- 4Before serving, season with salt and pepper.
- 5Toss well with the lemon zest and the juice and olive oil.
- 6Arrange greens on individual plates and top with the chicken salad.
- 7Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.3
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 228.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of