Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this several years ago on Epicurious and it is one of my favorite salads. It has just the right balance of savory and sweet. I usually use a rotisserie chicken for flavor and ease of preparation.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried currant
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers
- Combine olive oil, tarragon vinegar (2T+ 2t.), tarragon, lemon juice and Dijon-- whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/4 cup over chicken in med. bowl.
- Cook orzo--drain and rinse with cold water. Stir in remaining dressing. Add remaining ingredients. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.
We liked this chicken salad. DH actually liked it better the next day when he took it for lunch after the flavors had awhile to meld more. This was very easy to prepare as well. We grilled some extra chicken (when making another grilled chicken recipe) to use in this salad, which worked well. I made no modifications to the ingredients. Thanks!
MamaJ this is one tasty salad . We did halve the recipe for fear our kids would not like. None the less, We have to agree with Toni, the tarragon, lemon, and mustard combo was great. Unbelievable flavors, with great taste. Very enjoyable. Made for PRMR tag.,
Wonderful salad! I used some leftover chicken, made as directed otherwise, except that I halved the recipe for 2 of us. Very simple and very tasty. I love tarragon and the combination of the tarragon vinegar, the marinated artichokes, capers and currants was really a great combo. Thanks Mamma J. Made for ZWT4.