Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great way to use up leftover chicken. Serve with foccacia bread and fresh fruit and you have a quick and easy summer meal. From a food co-op website.
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup light reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Combine all ingredients except spinach and tomato.
- Arrange spinach and tomato slices on plates.
- Top with chicken mixture.
I kind of worked with the ingredients to make a wrap for my lunch! I didn't use the mayo, but used the low fat yogurt, and didn't use spinach leaves-I used lettuce on the tortilla! I mixed up the sauce & put it on top of the chicken before wrapping it up. I used plain chicken but next time will marinate some chicken strips to give it some more flavor. Wonderful & eimple! thank u
Laurie, this salad is delish! I used more mayo than called for, also I used Greek yogurt for this, and used seasoned salt in place of white salt, be sure to add in the tomatoes just before serving. Thanks hon!...Kitten:)