Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for a light dinner or lunch!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 100 g butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 150 g rocket
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring stock and wine to a boil in large frying pan; add chicken, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 8 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. Stand chicken in stock for 10 minutes, slice chicken thinly and discard stock.
- Meanwhile, quarter capsicums; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Roast under grill or in very hot oven, skin side up, until skin blisters and blackens. Cover capsicum pieces with plastic or paper for 5 minutes; peel away skin, slice capsicum thinly.
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Cut bread into 1.5cm slices; remove and discard crusts, cut slices into cubes. Toss bread in large bowl with combined butter, parsley and garlic; spread bread in single layer on oven trays and toast in oven about 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Make anchovy dressing: blend or process ingredients until smooth.
- Place chicken, capsicum and croutons in large bowl with rocket, tomato and olives; add dressing and toss gently to combine.