A relatively light and simple main course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 6 chopped kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, mix
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon lemon-infused olive oil, separated
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 deg.
- 2Lay the puff pastry out to thaw.
- 3Lay the chicken breast on a piece of cling wrap long enough to fold back over the breast. Pound the meat with a mallet or heavy skillet. If you are using tenders, lay them side by side with a ½ inch overlap.
- 4Thoroughly mix the vegetables (except the cilantro) and cheeses and spread out in a line across the flattened chicken (after folding the cling wrap off the top).
- 5Using the bottom of the cling wrap as a tool (much like using a sushi mat), gently roll the chicken into a tube around the mixture. Fasten with toothpicks if necessary.
- 6Bring some oil to a high heat in a skillet and carefully place the roll in the skillet. Brown on all sides, being very careful when turning the roll.
- 7Preheat a cookie sheet in the oven.
- 8Roll out the pastry to insure that the seams don’t separate. Place the seared roll in the center of the pastry sheet and sprinkle with the cilantro.
- 9Fold the pastry up and over the roll and press the overlap together. Pinch the ends to seal the loaf.
- 10Brush the top with the remaining oil to get a nice browning.
- 11Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, watching closely after 20. Ovens vary.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken Roll-Up
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 428.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 15.6 g