Recipe by Sarah
Baby spinach, semi-dried tomatoes and olives are a great combination in this risotto. As I have only just discovered the delights of olives I am finding more and more ways to use them. Just to note, a few people making this have found that one cup of semi-dried tomatoes is too overpowering, so you may want to cut it back to half a cup. (Please not: The sun-dried tomatoes listed are actually semi-dried.)
Top Review by Spencer #2
An awesome risotto! It seemed like a healthy meal overall. I used low-sodium chicken broth and doubled the baby spinach. Don't skimp on the liquids or you will have a dry sticky risotto.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g chicken breasts, diced
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1 3⁄4 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups chicken stock (hot)
- 1 (150 g) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato (semi-dried)
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Keep stock simmering.
- Heat oil in large pan and add chicken, cook until almost cooked through and add garlic, cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until grains are coated with oil and glistening.
- Add white wine and stir until it is absorbed by the rice grains.
- Start adding the hot stock 2 ladles at a time, stirring between additions until the liquid has been absorbed.
- After the last addition of stock add baby spinach leaves and stir until wilted.
- Add semi-dried tomatoes and olives, stir until heated through.
- Add 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese and stir through.
- Serve with extra Parmesan if desired.