1/9 Photos of Mediterranean Chicken Paella
This is a quick and easy recipe to use up an leftover chicken, this is also good with leftover turkey too. For brilliant yellow rice sub 1/2 teaspoon tumeric for the saffron if desired! Adjust all the amounts (except the rice and liquids) to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen artichoke heart, thawed (or use canned drained)
- 3/4 cup sliced pitted olive (use green or black)
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water (or use 1 cup chicken broth with the a 14-ounce can)
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1Heal oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in onions, garlic, bell pepper and chili flakes (if using) saute for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add in artichokes and olives; cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- 4Add in broth and water; bring to a boil.
- 5Add in the uncooked rice, salt and paprika; mix well, then add in saffron; season with black pepper cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- 6Add in the cooked chicken or turkey and peas; mix to combine; cover and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender and the peas are cooked through.
- 7Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- 8Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken Paella
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 1207.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen artichoke hearts