Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I transformed this recipe from a magazine and it turned out really good. It only takes 30 minutes. It is flavorful, easy and light.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 ounces herbed feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons black olives, chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast.
- In a small bowl combine the Feta and the chopped olives, then stuff ½ of mixture into each pocket.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbs. olive oil on medium to high heat.
- Season the chicken with pepper and add it to the skillet, cooking 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Transfer to an oven safe baking dish, drizzled with 1 Tbs. olive oil and bake for 18 minutes.
- In a bowl mix tomato, kosher salt, onion, garlic, basil and parley.
- When chicken is 5 minutes from being finished, put the remaining olive oil in the skillet, add tomato mix and heat through.
- Serve chicken with tomato mix on top.
I prepared 3 thick chicken breast in this way and shared between 4 of us!
This was delicous and easy. I still had some Greek feta and olives. As the dish was ready my daughter still wasn't at home and I added 1/2 cup of white wine to keep it moist.
It came out delicious and we didn't have leftovers, of course!