Recipe by JeriBinNC
From January 2006 Southern Living. We had this for dinner last night. At first taste, I thought it was just okay; by the time I got it to the table, though, it tasted really good. I had the leftovers cold for lunch today, and it was just as good as last night. I used about 2 oz of feta, and I used a deli-roasted chicken.
Top Review by darcilew
I love making this dish in the summer when I have fresh cherry tomatoes and basil out of my garden. For a really quick dinner I have used canned chicken meat. It is of course better with a fresh chicken breast or leftover chicken from the crock pot. This amount gets eaten quickly, so I will often double so we'll hve leftovers. It goes perfectly in your lunch box!
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) packagetoasted pine nut couscous
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (4 ounce) packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth and seasoning packet from couscous in the microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until broth begins to boil. Place couscous in a large bowl, and stir in broth mixture. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork; stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients. Serve warm or cold.
- Note: Substitute 4 tsp dried basil if you can't get fresh.