1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Chicken Couscous
From January 2006 Southern Living. We had this for dinner last night. At first taste, I thought it was just okay; by the time I got it to the table, though, it tasted really good. I had the leftovers cold for lunch today, and it was just as good as last night. I used about 2 oz of feta, and I used a deli-roasted chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) package toasted pine nut couscous
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Heat broth and seasoning packet from couscous in the microwave on high for 3-5 minutes or until broth begins to boil. Place couscous in a large bowl, and stir in broth mixture. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Fluff couscous with a fork; stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients. Serve warm or cold.
- 3Note: Substitute 4 tsp dried basil if you can't get fresh.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.9
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 222.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 18.9 g