Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this in my old recipe files. A nice one pot meal full of warm spices, lemon and honey. Yumm!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 9.85 ml lemon zest
- 14.79 ml flour
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 44.37 ml honey
- 354.88 ml canned chick-peas, drained
- 118.29 ml dark raisin
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on both sides in 3-5 tablespoons oil. Remove to plate.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
- Add cumin through cinnamon and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour and stir well to mix.
- Add broth, honey and lemon zest. Stir to combine and add chicken back to pan; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add raisins and cook 15 minutes longer.
- Remove chicken and plate.
- Add chickpeas and cook 5 minutes to heat through.
- Spoon sauce over chicken. If sauce is not thick enough, add a little cornstarch/water slurry to thicken up the sauce. If you prefer, place chicken over cooked rice and add sauce on top.
I really liked this dish. The flavorful, sweet sauce was really good over brown rice. I had to use chicken tenders as the store was out of chicken thighs, so I cut down on the cooking time. The dish still tasted great, although I would like to try making it with chicken thighs in the future. [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]