1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Chicken & Chickpeas
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
Found this in my old recipe files. A nice one pot meal full of warm spices, lemon and honey. Yumm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups canned chick-peas, drained
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on both sides in 3-5 tablespoons oil. Remove to plate.
- 2Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
- 3Add cumin through cinnamon and stir well with a wooden spoon.
- 4Add flour and stir well to mix.
- 5Add broth, honey and lemon zest. Stir to combine and add chicken back to pan; simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Add raisins and cook 15 minutes longer.
- 7Remove chicken and plate.
- 8Add chickpeas and cook 5 minutes to heat through.
- 9Spoon sauce over chicken. If sauce is not thick enough, add a little cornstarch/water slurry to thicken up the sauce. If you prefer, place chicken over cooked rice and add sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken & Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.0 mg
- Sodium 908.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 26.2 g