1/3 Photos of Mediterranean Chicken Casserole
A really delicious dish you can prepare a day in advance if you wish
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 green capsicum
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -6 skinless chicken pieces, on the bone, eg drumstick, thighs or 3 -6 chicken fillets, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 pitted black olives (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced basil
- 1Chop onion.
- 2Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
- 3Halve capsicum, remove seeds and cut each into eight pieces.
- 4Wash and halve mushrooms.
- 5Heat oil a saucepan on medium heat and brown chicken pieces for about 1 minute each side.
- 6Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 7Add onion, garlic and thyme to pan and on a medium heat stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- 8Add capsicum and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- 9Add tomato and stir well before adding wine, mushrooms, olives and chicken pieces.
- 10Season with a little salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- 11Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- 12Just before serving stir in basil.
- 13Serve with steamed rice or vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
skinless chicken pieces