A really delicious dish you can prepare a day in advance if you wish
Make and share this Mediterranean Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 green capsicum
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -6 skinless chicken pieces, on the bone, eg drumstick, thighs or 3 -6 chicken fillets, diced into bite size pieces
- 2 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 6 pitted black olives (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced basil
- Chop onion.
- Cut tomatoes into small pieces.
- Halve capsicum, remove seeds and cut each into eight pieces.
- Wash and halve mushrooms.
- Heat oil a saucepan on medium heat and brown chicken pieces for about 1 minute each side.
- Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add onion, garlic and thyme to pan and on a medium heat stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add capsicum and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and stir well before adding wine, mushrooms, olives and chicken pieces.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Just before serving stir in basil.
- Serve with steamed rice or vegetables.
YUMMY!! If this gets better the next day than I really wish I had made more. The juices are great with crusty bread. Left out the capsicum because I just don't like them, but added a 6.5 oz jar of marinated quartered artichoke hearts. I would definately suggest calamata olives as they give the best flavor for this dish. Thanks for a new quick and very tastey weeknight dinner.
A nice easy stir fry, a good combination of veggies with the chicken, particularly like the black olives, they made the recipe. We found it just a little bland and when I make it again I will add some spices to kick it up a bit. Overall a good supper. Thanks for sharing.