Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Adapted from a recipe in 'Terrific Chicken: 100 great meals in minutes'. If you're craving crispy chicken, this Mediterranean-style chicken is fairly quick to make and relatively low-fat! Serve it with a pasta or rice side dish and your favourite salad greens.
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2lb/1kg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the first seven ingredients (from the cheese through to the black pepper) on a piece of waxed paper - saves on washing up later! - or if you prefer on a plate; put the oil in a shallow dish.
- Dip the chicken breast halves in the oil, then coat them evenly with the cheese/breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and set over a medium heat; add the chicken and cook, turning once, for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and the juices run clear.