Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Mischelle G.
I made this for dinner last night (3/22/17) and my 2 extremely picky boys ate it all. I did not use the hot Italian links but instead used Oscar Mayer Italian sausage. There were 6 in the package and looked like a cross between a hot dog and a brat. I cut them up into chunks like the chicken. That was the only thing zI changed and we loved it.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 hot Italian sausage links
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 oranges, peel and pith removed, cut into disks (reserve the zest)
- 1⁄3 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large pot with olive oil over med-high heat; add in the sausage; brown all over for about 5 minutes; move the sausage to one side of the pot and then add the sliced chicken.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper; add in poultry seasoning; brown the chicken for about 3 minutes, then turn to brown opposite side.
- Add in the onion, garlic, celery, and bell pepper; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the green beans and chicken stock; bring to a simmer, then add the olives, capers, orange slices, and orange zest and stir to distribute.
- Stir in the couscous and cover the pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Turn the stove off and let the pot sit covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the parsley while fluffing the dish with a fork.
- Serve immediately, making sure everyone gets a sausage link.