Top Review by viennagirl
I got on here looking for a quick easy tasty recipe and this definitely fit the bill! It was very good. We make a curry sauce that we put over rice and then add several toppings so we did that with this and put unsweetened grated coconut and peanuts on this as toppings. I also doubled the rice and added an extra tsp of curry powder and Tbsp of soy sauce and then used 5 cups of chicken stock as I have a large family. I used boneless chicken breasts cut into smaller chunks since that is what I had. I served it with a fresh mango/banana/berry fruit salad and veggies and it made a perfect meal! I'll definitely be making this again!! Thanks for a great tasty recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In large deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the Chicken and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions, curry powder and garlic salt.
- Saute until onions begin to soften.
- About 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and mix to coat with spices.
- Pour in the stock.
- Reduce the heat, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed, the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- About 35 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.