1/2 Photos of Mediterranean Chicken and Couscous
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
From a Near East booklet. A fairly easy gourmet tasting dish. We thought the pine nuts were bitter, which was disappointing since they are so expensive. I'll leave them out next time I make the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) package near east roasted garlic & olive oil couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1/2-1 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I only use 1/4 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently or until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the spinach during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking chicken.
- 2Stir in water, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and spice pack from couscous. Bring to a boil.
- 3Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Stir with a fork to fluff couscous. Stir in feta cheese and pine nuts if using. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken and Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 213.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 19.4 g