From a Near East booklet. A fairly easy gourmet tasting dish. We thought the pine nuts were bitter, which was disappointing since they are so expensive. I'll leave them out next time I make the dish.
- 1 (5 5/8 ounce) packagenear east roasted garlic & olive oil couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1⁄2-1 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breast (about 2)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I only use 1/4 tsp.)
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently or until the chicken is no longer pink. Add the spinach during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking chicken.
- Stir in water, tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and spice pack from couscous. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir with a fork to fluff couscous. Stir in feta cheese and pine nuts if using. Serve.