1/1 Photo of Mediterranean Chicken and Artichoke Stir Fry
Simply Fresh Cooking's Note:
Simple ingredients with lots of flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice
- 12 -16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3-4 pieces)
- mixed Italian herbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaf, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil (about 4-6 quarts). Add rice and boil for 30-40 minutes, or until rice is tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2Cut chicken into thin strips. Lightly season on cutting board with italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix chicken with tongs until meat is coated evenly with seasonings.
- 3In a large non-stick skillet heat 1/2 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- 4In the same skillet, heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and saute for 30 seconds; add onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Next, add garlic, lemon juice, and artichoke hearts; cook and stir until artichoke is heated through.
- 5Stir in chicken, basil, and parsley. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Chicken and Artichoke Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.9
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 239.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 25.7 g