Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes from the Great Adoption of Feb 2005. The amounts for the coating and seasoning ingredients are just right so feel free to up the amounts if you want to have more coating.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Snip skin off chicken.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except butter and bell peppers.
- Dip chicken in butter, then coat evenly with crumb mixture.
- Arrange chicken so pieces don't touch in large, shallow, buttered baking dish. I placed the breast meat on a separate dish and take it out earlier than the rest of the meats as it gets done faster. Put in the bell peppers.
- Bake in moderate (350 degrees Celsius) oven until chicken is tender, about 1 hour - 45 minutes It could be less if you have a fan oven. Just keep on eye on the chicken. Once it turns to the desired brown, take it out.
- Trim with parsley.
I think I cooked the chicken too long so the breadcrumb mixture became a little too crispy. Be careful. I'd also increase the ratio of seasonings to chicken as I used a little less than was specified and had just enough mixture to cover the chicken.
it was sooo easy to make!!! my husband loved it! I almost did not add the peppers but sure added up a lot of flavor to it!!! I used chicken tights! I added it to my favorites!!
Nice and crispy. The parmesan cheese was a great touch. Breast meat was baked too tough for my liking though. Overall a great dish!