Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great meal with only 5 ingredients.
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 8 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
- Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
- Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and finely chop.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine bell pepper, cheese, olives, and basil.
- Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff 2 tablespoons bell pepper mixture into each pocket; close opening with a wooden pick.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; cover loosely with foil, and let stand 10 minutes.
Easy and delicious. We just loved it! Thanks fellow Gourmet Goddess! Made as directed for ZWT9.
This was fabulous. It had a wonderful Mediterranean taste. The bell pepper, feta, kalamata olives and basil was the perfect flavor combination for stuffing the chicken breasts. I read in the instructions to preheat the broiler, and apparently ignored the rest of the cooking directions. Because I ended up broiling the chicken (instead of finishing it off on the grill). Despite that mistake though, this came out fabulous and was a big hit with my family. I served it with Sauteed Zucchini. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Ck2plz. Made for ZWT #9 (Greece).