Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a colorful dish good enough for company. Serve with a salad and fresh bread. For variety try adding different color peppers or squash.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, riced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large red pepper, julienned
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, quartered
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces pasta, cooked al dente
- Bring marinade ingredients to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cool and add the chicken breast.
- Marinade as little as 30 minutes or overnight.
- Saute chicken in marinade till no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth, and cornstarch and cook until thickened.
- (I usually bring to a boil for a minute or two to help thicken) Toss in red pepper and olives just until heated.
- Serve over pasta.
Excellent dish! Perfect blend of flavors. I follow this recipe to a T....except I sometimes use Red AND Yellow peppers for more color. (never green..it will have a different flavor)