Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Adapted from a dish that a friend made one night. NO idea why she called it Mediterranean, maybe someone can shed some light on it. I've shared this recipe in many local cookbooks, and always receive rave reviews when it's made for potlucks and such. Can be adapted for stovetop as well.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 2 cups diced frozen onions
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 4 -6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons season salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients except for the onions into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- During last half hour of cooking, add the half bag of diced onions.
- As always, adjust seasonings during last hour/half hour of cooking to taste.
Saffron and Cinnamon are ingredients in Mediterranean recipes