Recipe by JenniCat
A dish that's quick and easy and better than going out! If you don't care for salty olives, substitute for a mild olive instead. I'm giving you the recipe as I received it, but I usually skip the first step and use Trader-Joes' Sundried tomatoes out of the jar. This goes great with pasta.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 nicoise olives, pitted & halved
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1/2 cub chicken broth over tomatoes and let stand 10 minutes. Remove tomatoes and cut into thin strips. Reserve Broth.
- Season chicken with coarsely ground pepper and coat with flour. Reserve remaining flour. Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook 12 minutes or until browned and done. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil and garlic and cook 1 minute Stir in reserved flour, reserved broth from tomatoes and remaining broth. Heat to a boil. Cook over medium heat 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened and reduced to 1 cup. Add tomatoes, olives, capers and lemon rind. Heat through. Serve sauce over chicken.