Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super Simple 1 dish go to meal that even the kids will like. I usually serve this over wild rice, sticky rice, egg noodles. . .any kind of noodles because it makes a very flavorful "juice".
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 3 medium carrots, cut into small chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano (more or less to taste)
- in a large stainless skillet, heat oil over med/high heat.
- Saute onion and garlic just until translucent. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Move onions/garlic to the outside and add the chicken pieces. Sprinkle with s&p and 1/2 of the oregano.
- Let brown on one side, stir and add s&p again and the rest of the oregano and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the lemon juice to deglaze the pan.
- Add the vegetables and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over your favorite "starch" like rice or egg noodles.
*Reviewed for PAC Spring 08* As promised a one pan dinner complete with chicken and vegetables. I love that this recipe came togther quickly and was a no-fuss dinner. We served with steamed rice. I did feel that this recipe was a little bland for my taste and that it would benefit from perhaps a tin of diced tomatoes being added for extra flavour (just personal preference though). Not much washing up to do and a photo to be posted shortly. I hope to see more of your recipes for quick weeknight dinners being posted soon