Recipe by ESU
One of our own creation to find a chicken recipe that everyone likes. This dish will work fine with pasta, salad, fresh bread or all three of them.
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 slices smoked bacon or 3 slices parma ham
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb button mushroom (can be tinned, drained)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic on a medium to high heat until soft.
- Add the chicken breasts and bacon rashers and fry for about 3 minutes, turning in between.
- Add mushrooms, herbs, tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes and cook with lid on pan for about 20 minutes on medium heat or until chicken is cooked through.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- *** At this stage you can let it cool and store in freezer or fridge overnight ***.
- To finish the dish off, cut or grate cheese into small pieces and add it to the dish, cooking it slowly until cheese is melted.
- Serve with pasta, fresh salad and Italian bread.