Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
VERY quick and easy, not to mention delicious. Nice for dinner with couscous or in a sandwich/pita or on greens for lunch or a snack. Perfect as a quick-fix when someone stops over unexpectedly, in a buffet or brunch or a favorite family meal. Nice alternative to the regular curried chicken salad.
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups olives, sliced (pimento stuffed Seville olives)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat oil and onion.
- Cook for four minutes, until onion is transparent.
- Add and saute cubed chicken.
- When chicken is just cooked through, add olives, cooking for about two minutes.
- Add curry powder and lemon juice and cook for two or three minutes. Enjoy!
I "made the recipe" without reading the instructions so found out afterward that I really didn't make this recipe! LOL! So I won't use any stars. But here's what I did ... I made this as a chicken salad using canned chicken and just throwing everything else in with it. I used half the lemon juice, though. It was quite tasty and enjoyable. I'd give my erroneous method 3 stars.
This is Awesome five thumbs up! I usually do this if I have a girl coming in + some avocado salad.. It's been a winner every time :D Thanks alot for this!