Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love the feta and capers in this cheese ball. My mom made it last year for a dinner party she had and it was one of the first things to go. I had to get the recipe from her...she handed me a Southern Living magazine, LOL! So here it is for all of you to enjoy too! I like to serve it with toasted pita wedges. Cook time is chill time.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- toasted pita bread, wedges
- Beat cream cheese and feta cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in the olives, capers, red pepper, basil, and garlic.
- Shape cheese mixture into a ball; cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Roll in the toasted pine nuts just before serving.
This is a great recipe! Everyone loved this cheese ball at our 4th of July party, much more exciting than the ususal cheddar version! I served it with toasted wheat pitas and garlic & herb wheat crackers.