Recipe by Dans La Lune
Here's what's for dinner! Sauteed chicken cutlets, artichoke hearts, Greek olives, and pine nuts in a flavorful Champagne sauce. Excellent served with arborio rice or small shaped pasta. Enjoy this dish and feel like your sitting in Southern Europe for the evening...
Top Review by ebbtide
Tried this tonight and it was wonderful! Had no bubbly on hand, so used chardonnay, which worked out fine. Also added some fresh mushrooms to the melted butter and sauteed and this was good, too. All in all, a real gourmet dish and I thank you for sharing.
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Brut champagne
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1⁄3 cup Greek olive, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add chicken cutlets, and cook on both sides until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In pan with drippings, add butter and cook until melted.
- Add champagne, and turn heat on medium high.
- Add allspice, basil, and paprika and mix well.
- Add in flour while continually stirring.
- Cook until sauce begins to thicken, about a minute or two, constantly stirring so sauce does not burn.
- Add artichoke hearts and olives, and turn heat back to medium.
- Return chicken cutlets to pan, spooning sauce over them.
- Lower heat and add pine nuts, lightly mixing them into mixture.
- Serve chicken with the artichoke, olive, and pine nut mixture over it.