Here's what's for dinner! Sauteed chicken cutlets, artichoke hearts, Greek olives, and pine nuts in a flavorful Champagne sauce. Excellent served with arborio rice or small shaped pasta. Enjoy this dish and feel like your sitting in Southern Europe for the evening...
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- Add chicken cutlets, and cook on both sides until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- In pan with drippings, add butter and cook until melted.
- Add champagne, and turn heat on medium high.
- Add allspice, basil, and paprika and mix well.
- Add in flour while continually stirring.
- Cook until sauce begins to thicken, about a minute or two, constantly stirring so sauce does not burn.
- Add artichoke hearts and olives, and turn heat back to medium.
- Return chicken cutlets to pan, spooning sauce over them.
- Lower heat and add pine nuts, lightly mixing them into mixture.
- Serve chicken with the artichoke, olive, and pine nut mixture over it.