Recipe by PepperA
Here's a wonderful recipe from the Catfish Institute! I know... you can't get much better than fried catfish. But, if you're wanting something different, or maybe you're trying to cut back on the fried foods, give this recipe a try. You won't be sorry! For those who like it hot, substitute Ro*Tel Tomatoes for diced tomatoes.
Top Review by pingpong1218
This is an absolutely amazing recipe! I followed the it exactly and don't really think there's any way to improve it. You can still taste the catfish very well but it mellows the flavor out a little so my family loved.it. Thanks!
- 2 -4 farm-raised catfish fillets (6 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, oregano, basil and black pepper; bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place catfish fillets in the sauce, cover, and simmer for 7-9 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Individual fillets with sauce may be served over a bed of cooked rice.