Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a wonderful recipe from the Catfish Institute! I know... you can't get much better than fried catfish. But, if you're wanting something different, or maybe you're trying to cut back on the fried foods, give this recipe a try. You won't be sorry! For those who like it hot, substitute Ro*Tel Tomatoes for diced tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, and saute for 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, oregano, basil and black pepper; bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Place catfish fillets in the sauce, cover, and simmer for 7-9 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Individual fillets with sauce may be served over a bed of cooked rice.
This is an absolutely amazing recipe! I followed the it exactly and don't really think there's any way to improve it. You can still taste the catfish very well but it mellows the flavor out a little so my family loved.it. Thanks!
Very easy! Family really liked it!! I added a tablespoon of creole seasoning and used stewed tomatoes(had them in the cabinet) and it turned out great! Will cook this again!!
Super easy to make! At first glance it seems a little complicated, but in reality it's simple. I used 2 bell peppers, one green and one yellow, so the dish came out looking beautiful with those colors and the red of the tomatoes. I will definitely make this again for my fiance.