Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Wonderful recipe from Rose Reisman
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 44.37 ml seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 9.85 ml finely chopped garlic
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 59.14 ml crumble feta cheese
- 59.14 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 59.14 ml light cream cheese
- 44.37 ml low-fat plain yogurt or 44.37 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml finely chopped garlic
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml water
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- To make the burgers, combine the ground beef, egg, dried basil and oregano, breadcrumbs, ketchup, garlic, onion and feta in a large bowl and shape into 4 burger patties.
- Grill or sauté in a pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Cook on 1 side for 7 minutes, then turn over and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until beef is done.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Serve the burgers with the sauce.
These are FANTASTIC! I made half the recipe and it was quite messy since there was so much sauce, but we wouldn't change anything next time lol. I also topped mine with roasted red peppers, which was a nice touch. I used reduced fat feta, egg white only, WW cream cheese, and fat free sour cream and Sandwich thins for the bun. They ended up being 8pts WW which is definitely worth it!
Delish! I suggest serving it w/ slice tomato & onion, plus some bitter lettuce. A nice change from the "traditional" burger.