Recipe by ChampagneLiz
Yummy Yummy! I got this recipe from watching Rachael Ray's new tv show! I tried the recipe that night because it looked so yummy! Take caution with the yogurt, though! The thicker the better, but remember the thicker the yogurt, the more calories it will have! Yikes! Pretty healthy either way!
Top Review by bricookie55
These were pretty good! A few things I changed though: I used ground turkey for the meat, and I omitted the yogurt because I don't like it. Finally, I added in some crumbled feta cheese and finely chopped roasted red peppers to the meat mixture. Delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup plain yogurt (we did fat-free, but full-fat will make thicker burgers)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon seasoning (can be grill, steak, burger, chicken, ect..)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big mixing bowl --
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl, just as they come.
- Then form 4 equal sized patties about 1 inch thick
- Pre-heat large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of Extra-virgin olive oil to the skillet to coat the bottom of the pan in a thin layer.
- Add patties to skillet.
- Cook 6-7 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy a healthy, flavorful burger!
- Suggest pairing with the Fattoush Salad!
- Note: You could also just through these burgers on the grill!