Recipe by **Mandy**
Friday Night is Pizza or Burger night in our house so I'm always on the look out for new burger & pizza recipes. This was found on Recipes +, can't wait to try it!
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
DS21 says, "That was really good. Too bad there was only one left." Yes, these were terrific, and enjoyed by all! In the future I would either use smaller rolls or make more meat, the patties we made weren't a match for the large rolls. DH wouldn't barbecue in the dark and rain, so I used the broiler, which was fine. We had no yellow capsicum and used an extra red, but only the photo suffered, and not much. Made for Beverage Tag.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 cup passata
- 500 g Italian sausages
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 40 g baby spinach leaves
- 4 Italian rolls, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil; cook capsicum and onion for 8-10 minutes or until soft and golden, stir in passata, season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring for 1 minute. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat an oiled BBQ.
- Remove casings from sausages and place sausage mince in a mixing bowl, add basil and parmesan; mix well to combine.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties, cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until done.
- Place spinach on base of rolls, top with patties, then capsicum mixture and serve.