Recipe by Rinshinomori
This has become our favorite way to eat brussels sprouts. Some mods made on the Whole Foods recipe. I love the idea of steaming vegetables to get the pure taste coming through. After that, all you need is a dressing or sauce to make it into any style you want. We use an electric steamer to steam the brussels sprouts. And using the machine, it takes about 10-11 minutes of steaming for our taste.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Awesome! The sauce isn't too heavy and it's just enough to coat the sprouts without drowning them. My brussels sprouts were pretty tiny, so I only cut them in halves, I made this just as written and will make this again. Thanx!
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, cut into matchstick
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim and clean Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters, and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out the health benefits.
- Fill the bottom of a steamer with water about 2 inches. Steam Brussels sprouts for about 10 minutes. If you like them less cooked, steam for 5-7 minutes only.
- While Brussels sprouts are steaming combine all dressing ingredients except Parmesan cheese and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Transfer steamed Brussels sprouts to a large bowl and toss with Mediterranean Dressing while still hot. Top with Parmesan cheese and lemon zest.