Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has become our favorite way to eat brussels sprouts. Some mods made on the Whole Foods recipe. I love the idea of steaming vegetables to get the pure taste coming through. After that, all you need is a dressing or sauce to make it into any style you want. We use an electric steamer to steam the brussels sprouts. And using the machine, it takes about 10-11 minutes of steaming for our taste.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, cut into matchstick
- Trim and clean Brussels sprouts, cut into quarters, and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out the health benefits.
- Fill the bottom of a steamer with water about 2 inches. Steam Brussels sprouts for about 10 minutes. If you like them less cooked, steam for 5-7 minutes only.
- While Brussels sprouts are steaming combine all dressing ingredients except Parmesan cheese and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Transfer steamed Brussels sprouts to a large bowl and toss with Mediterranean Dressing while still hot. Top with Parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
Awesome! The sauce isn't too heavy and it's just enough to coat the sprouts without drowning them. My brussels sprouts were pretty tiny, so I only cut them in halves, I made this just as written and will make this again. Thanx!