Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy breakfast....yum yum!
- 3 cups soymilk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot
- 1⁄4 cup dried currant
- 6 teaspoons dark brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vegan butter, melted and divided
- Combine soy milk and cinnamon stick in large saucepan over medium-high heat; heat 3 minutes or until small bubbles for around inner edge of pot (about 180 degrees). Do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in couscous, apricots, currants, 4 teaspoons brown sugar, and salt.
- Cover the mixture, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick.
- Divide couscous among each of 4 bowls, and top each with 1 teaspoon melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar.
- Serve immediately.
This was really good and easy to make. It was *so* good that I gobbled up the entire half-batch I made and forgot to take a picture! Reviewed for Pick-A-Chef.