Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe on-line from http://www.superkitchenmachine.com/2010/7269/thermomix-olive-bread-recipe.html Time does not include rising time nor cooling time.
- 400 g flour (I use white flour here)
- 50 g flour (I use white flour here)
- 1 tablespoon granulated yeast
- 180 ml lukewarm water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 15 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 g olive oil (plus 10 g. oil for soaking tomatoes if needed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (about 15 cm branch)
- 100 g black olives (pits removed, see tips about olives below)
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes
- Use kitchen scissors to cut sun-dried tomatoes into small slivers and place in a cup or small bowl.
- Add two teaspoons olive oil and toss to coat the dry tomato pieces, allow to soak for a few minutes. If your sundried tomatoes were preserved in oil, just chop loosely with a knife and do not add extra oil. Set aside while you begin preparing the dough.
- Put water and yeast into Thermomix bowl.
- Add sugar, egg, olive oil, rosemary, and 400 g. of the flour (keep the remaning 50 g flour for later use). Knead for 4 minutes on interval speed.
- Put measuring cap in place and allow to rest in Thermomix for 15 minutes.
- Add salt, about half the olives, about half the tomato and knead again for 2 minutes on interval speed.
- Allow to rise in Thermomix for 30 minutes. (Keep the measuring cap off, so the expanding dough can pop through the hole if needed.).
- After 30 minutes, remove lid and pull the glutinous dough away from sides of bowl. Remove as much dough as possible from Thermomix but it doesn’t need to be absolutely clean. Put dough onto a work surface or silicone mat and make an indentation in the middle. Add remaining olives and tomato. Bundle up the dough to close over the new additions, return to Thermomix bowl and add the remaining 50 g flour and set to knead for 1 minute on interval speed.
- Remove from Thermomix, shape into round or oval loaves on parchment-lined pan, making sure to allow room for expansion and cover with a kitchen towel. Put a pan of water in bottom of oven and begin to preheat the oven at 200ºC/400ºF. Allow shaped loaves to rise ON TOP of the stove in the warmth of the pre-heating oven for 30 minutes.
- Make sharp cuts along the top of the loaves and bake for about 35 minutes (two smaller loaves) or 45 minutes if making one large loaf.
- Allow to cool for two hours before serving.