1/6 Photos of Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
2 hrs 45 mins
This bread takes some time to prepare but is well worth it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, mix together flour, yeast, sugar, salt, garlic powder, italian seasoning, black olives, olive oil, and water.
- 2Turn out dough on a floured board.
- 3Knead until smooth- about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4Let rise about 45 minutes, until it doubles in size and punch down.
- 5Knead for another 5 to 10 minutes an let rise for 30 minutes, until it doubles in size.
- 6Round the dough on kneading board.
- 7Place dough upside down in a bowl lined with a lint-free, well floured towel.
- 8Let rise until double in size.
- 9While the bread is rising for the third time, put a pan of water in the bottom of the oven.
- 10Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 11Gently turn loaf out onto a sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with cornmeal.
- 12Bake loaf at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- 13Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake for 30 more minutes, or until done.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Black Olive Bread
Serving Size: 1 (830 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1966.8
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2846.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 328.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 43.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: