Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lots of fiber! Good with brown rice and a salad.
Make and share this Mediterranean Black-Eyed Peas Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 (410 g) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
- 2 carrots, trimmed, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and cut into fine julienne strips
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized casserole dish on the stove top. Add the garlic and onion and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the peas, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, herbs and tamari. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. The vegetables should still have a little crunchiness. Add a little water during the cooking process if needed.
- Remove from the heat and add the courgettes. Serve from the casserole dish and garnish with capers and fresh herbs (1 tbsp of basil, oregano and parsley).