Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this on a Bush beans website - it sounds wonderfully easy and healthy.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup instant brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat feta or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 12 large lettuce leaves
- Set beans and chives in separate shallow bowls.
- Combine rice, salad dressng and cheese in small bowl.
- Set leaves on plate and allow guests to create own lettuce wraps or assemble and serve.
- Wheat crackers may be substituted for lettuce wraps. Spoon bean mixture onto crackers just before serving.
This recipe met my 2 requirements: it was very tasty and easy to make. To simplify it even more, just combine 3 parts rice, 2 parts black bean and 1 part feta directly in the wrap. Then add the salad dressing and you're good to go!