Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a combination of several recipes plus a few things I just decided to throw in. I made it for the first time tonight and thought I needed to write it down before I forgot what I did.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean beef, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup zucchini, cubed
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 12 ounces whole grain pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- For the marinade, stir together Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, 2 T minced garlic and 1/4 tsp salt. Marinate the beef for 30 min to 1 hour.
- Remove the beef from the marinade, reserving 1/4 cup of the marinade, and fry the beef cubes in 1 T olive oil. Remove beef from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 T olive oil to pan and stir fry the onion and carrots. After 1 minute, add the mushrooms, bell pepper, garlic and zucchini. When crisp-tender, add the stewed tomatoes, reserved marinade and the beef cubes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions. When done, drain and rinse the pasta. Stir melted butter and pesto into the pasta.
- Serve the meat/vegetable mixture over the pasta.