From Taste of Home. Posted for ZWT - Greece. I tried it and the taste is great with all the veggies and spices.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- hot cooked spaghetti (optional)
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and green pepper; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, vinegar, basil, thyme and remaining salt. Add the beef mixture; heat through. Serve over the spaghetti if desired.