Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I found this recipe in my Cooking Light in 15 minutes Cookbook! Posted for 2005 Zaar World Tour.
- 2 zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- 3⁄4 lb beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- Place zucchini in bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add beef and remaining ingredients.
- Cover with lid, and cook on high heat setting for 5 hours or until meat is tender, or cover and cook on high heat setting for 1 hour; reduce to low heat setting, cook 7 hours.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick before serving!
Carrots could be added to the bottom instead of zucchini, and then add the zucchini on the top right at the end. I added 4 garlic cloves in the pot too Great flavor. We loved it. . Could be served over noodles or rice.
Katie, dear, i am so sorry butthere was no way in good conscience cook zucchini all day. I added it with 30 minutes to go so it was still crisp. Delicious meal! I need to use my crockpot more... Thanks!!!
Katie the results are in! I received not one but two phone calls to tell me how wonderful this soup was for lunch. The second phone call was to ask if there were left overs for tomorrow! LOL! So hands down, this is a winner in our house! Thanks for a wonderful tasting and easy to prepare stew!