Recipe by katie in the UP
I found this recipe in my Cooking Light in 15 minutes Cookbook! Posted for 2005 Zaar World Tour.
Top Review by thinkfirst
Carrots could be added to the bottom instead of zucchini, and then add the zucchini on the top right at the end. I added 4 garlic cloves in the pot too Great flavor. We loved it. . Could be served over noodles or rice.
- 2 zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- 3⁄4 lb beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place zucchini in bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add beef and remaining ingredients.
- Cover with lid, and cook on high heat setting for 5 hours or until meat is tender, or cover and cook on high heat setting for 1 hour; reduce to low heat setting, cook 7 hours.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick before serving!